Wednesday 30 October 2013

Hema Malini Turns Singer: Releases Devotional Album

Actress, Dancer, Politician, Film-Maker Hema Malini; who always shared a great bond with cultural activities (something every Tamil Brahmin is ingrained with), has now released her first album as a singer. The devotional album which is titled Soundaryalahiri, is set to tune by Ashit Desai and has verses chanted by her, Shankar Mahadevan, Suresh Wadkar and Desai.
“I’ve always been fascinated with the sacred verses of this text written by Adi Shankaracharya. Since I’m a dancer, we’re familiar with the Sanskrit texts, as we automatically learn them during rehearsals. This album is my offering to the divine mother Tripurasundari,” says Hema, who has had this idea for the last two years.
“I’ve learnt music since this is a part and parcel of growing up in a traditional Tamil Brahmin family. In fact, I’ve even given three exams in music when I was young. While families in South India are familiar with Soundaryalahari, I wanted others to know of it too,” adds Hema. The album will also have an introduction by Amitabh Bachchan.
Soundaryalahari is available on Times Music across all major music and retail stores. Digital downloads also available on music websites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More